Chadwick Design Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Chadwick Design Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from February 1st 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• company name
• contact information including email address and telephone number
• demographic information such as postcode
• product or services details relating to your company
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping. This would include for invoicing purposes if you become a customer.
• We may use the information to improve our service to you.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are providing the following information in accordance with the EU Cookie Law. Details of this regulation can be found at the following address: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
For more information about cookies, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. However, a cookie cannot identify you as an actual person. It does not collect personal data to identify you.
- An example of a cookie placed by our website is by the “Cookie compliance notice” which appears when you first visit the site. Providing you accept, a cookie is placed which ensures that you are not asked for your approval on every page you visit every time you use our website.
- Our website also has a firewall and this sets a cookie to distinguish between bots and humans and to distinguish between logged in administrators and other users.
Our firewall also determines your IP address in order to provide security functions on our website. These IP addresses are stored in the firewall for 1 month from your last visit and then deleted.
- We may use session cookies to store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page. This is deleted when the browser is closed.
- Session cookies are also used to store any logged in user’s username and a 128bit encrypted key. This information is required to allow a user to stay logged in to a web site without needing to submit their username and password for each page visited. Without this cookie, a user is unable to proceed to areas of the web site that require authenticated access.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
More guidance on how to control cookies in your browser may be found on the About Cookies website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- if you wish us to delete all personal information we hold on you, we will do so immediately providing we are not compelled to retain the information.
For example, if you are a customer who is invoiced by us, we are compelled by the Inland Revenue to keep all invoices we send to you (complete with personal information such as name and address) for 6 years. After this the documents are destroyed.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Chadwick Design, The Studio, Walcot Road, Ufford, Stamford, Lincs PE9 3BP.
This policy was modified on May 9th 2018.