Online credibility is about producing your website in such a way that your business comes across as trustworthy and knowledgeable.
Not sure if yours makes the grade? Then read on.
5 Useful Facts Concerning Website Credibility:
- 46% of people think that displaying images of the people who work in the business increases credibility
- 42.5% of people will leave a website because of poor spelling or grammar
- 54% of people say a lack of contact details decreases credibility
- 92% of web visitors regularly read online reviews to establish the credibility of a company
- 89% of online purchasers say they trust a business more after a positive experience returning an item
Things which irritate visitors and therefore reduce your credibility:
- Slow page-load times
- Videos which auto play
- Pop-ups that interrupt the reading of a page
- Adverts which load after the main content and make the content move
How’s your website credibility holding up so far?
5 Things on your website which will ensure credibility
- Have a professional web design. The better your site design, the batter your credibility. Your website is your shop window and people find well-constructed, modern websites attractive and that translates into a greater feeling of trustworthiness.
- Include a visible phone number it will increase your trust level. People want to know that the company they are buying from will be easy to contact if they run into a problem.
- Write knowledgeably, but keep it simple. People want to deal with a professional, but they don’t want to be blinded by science. If they don’t understand what you are saying, they will look elsewhere. If you deal in facts, make sure you back up claims with references to evidence. Did you believe the percentages quoted in the opening paragraph of this article without any reference to where these figures came from? 🙂
Make sure you check your copy for spelling and grammar mistakes. If your writing is sloppy, maybe your goods or services will be too.
- Include testimonials from happy, named clients. If you have extremely happy clients who are happy to be included in a video expressing their satisfaction, so much the better. This will boost your credibility.
- Avoid cheesy stock photos. People can spot these immediately and the message they convey is:”I’m fake!”
Good quality stock photos are fine, but businessmen in suits shaking hands are a definite no-no!