Has your website been updated in the past year or has it remained like an unchanged shop window? Do you check the site stats regularly or do you have no idea how many visitors you’ve had and what keywords they have clicked through on?
Now’s the time for a fresh approach to keep your website working hard for you…
Here’s a quick checklist of top SEO tips for your website in the new year.
- Update the copyright notice on your website footer
- Find extra ways of getting free, quality backlinks to your site
- Add new, good quality content to your pages regularly to make visitors return
- Look at pages on your site which come up on page 2 of Google – work on these to improve ranking
Examine your website stats:
- Check the error 404 log and fix repeat errors (eg missing robot.txt?)
- Examine which keyword are bringing in visitors. Decide which need more content.
- Research which new key keywords to promote this year.
- If you don’t have Google analytics on your site already… add it now.
Check out your competitors’ websites
- Find out what backlinks your competitors have
- See if you can add these to your inbound links
- Examine what keywords your competitors are promoting. Would these help you?